Thursday 2 May 2013

Lumion kitchen


So this is my first attempt at a Lumion rendering. The goal was to produce an exact replica of a photo taken of an interior. There is still a lot of work to be done, like the reflections and lighting. The biggest challenge so far was to get a chrome or polished stainless steel material.

As far as I can tel, Lumion does not have such materials. You can however chose a steel material and set the gloss and reflection to high, but this does not give the desired effect. Another issue I had was with the graphic on the back wall and door. When applied, the colours of the graphic come out much darker than the actual image I am using and secondly for some weird reason the image covering the door gets stretched and squashed and i can't get it to fill the entire door.

I will give it another bash and see what I can come up with. All and all the experience working with lumion is great as a lot of things are simple and straight forward to do. 


After making some changes and playing around with a few settings I got the chrome texture looking better and the reflection of the graphic against doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment